Spalted Apple Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

I have seen so many Barons that I just had to try one. I have to say I like the kit alot and can see a lot of modification possibilities. The material is stabelized spalted apple that I got as a freebie from Mr. Bill. The only bad thing is the blank was so splated on one end that the cap and body do not match up very well. Beautiful wood though even had a little curl on the end and turned nicely.

20064297437_BaronSpaltedApple.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome. I apoligize for the picture I did not feel like pulling out my photo tent so just threw it on the scanner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Leaving off the decorative rings on the CB along with the closed end really puts more focus on the wood. And what a beautiful piece of wood it is. Nice job.

As for the photo quality, it looks pretty good to me.

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Leaving off the decorative rings on the CB along with the closed end really puts more focus on the wood. And what a beautiful piece of wood it is. Nice job.

As for the photo quality, it looks pretty good to me.

I was wondering what I liked and couldn't pin it down. The missing extra 2 rings on the center band[:D]

chigdon

I like it a lot. I had been thinking about doing the same thing with the center band -- looks good. The piece of wood is awesome as well.

Section10

Very nice! I haven't turned anything yet, but after viewing all these pictures of spalted pens, I'm becoming a big fan of spalted wood. I've seen it all my life and never appreciated how attractive it can be when it's used ornamentally.

dubdrvrkev

That is a beauty Mike! I agree that the trim rings gone at the CB makes the kit look a lot cleaner. I'm not one that modifies kits (on purpose [;)] ), but I may have to steal that one from you.

vick

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br /> I agree that the trim rings gone at the CB makes the kit look a lot cleaner. I'm not one that modifies kits (on purpose [;)] ), but I may have to steal that one from you.

You can steal it but it wont be from me. I have seen it done a couple times most recently on a pen Russ posted. You guys should have figured out that very little is original coming from me, I just try to steal from the best.

Thanks for all of the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom