SOYP Dayacom "Diana", R&B "Zoe", William Wood-Write "Regal"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from magpens

magpens

Nine of these pens feature the feather pen blank artistry of Marla (aka Crickett) - I highly recommend these blanks for classy design, as well as smooth turning and brilliant polishing. . The other two pens have Alumilite blanks made by Eugene Soto (aka ElMostro) - very highly recommended also.

The pen kits have recently been reviewed excellently by edstreet http://www.penturners.org/forum/f96/zoe-r-b-crafts-140293/

The kits sell under different names depending on the vendor. . They use Parker-style refills in 8 mm tubes and so are a nice alternative to slimlines and are slightly bigger. . Double twist style transmission. . Just two platings shown - chrome and gold - but other platings may be available if you search.

The transmission screws solidly onto the center band. . Just a barely perceptible "wiggle" between the two barrels due to the design of the transmission - far better than the slimlines I have made. . The center band is solidly anchored to the lower barrel by a press fit into the brass tube (again, far better than slimlines).

I like the styling with the two crystals, one on the finial and one on the clip. . Just the right size for a lady and not too small for a man.

The upper barrel is straight-sided, having two equal size bushings. . The lower barrel has a slight taper at the nib end, so requires two bushings of slightly different size (0.392" and 0.412"). . Actually, I believe the nib should be redesigned and enlarged to 0.412" at the top end so that the lower barrel could also be straight-sided. . The straight barrel sidewalls are 0.052" thick, enough to allow a little turning artistry if you are careful. . You could, of course, make them a little thicker than that without excessive bulging.

So here they are, folks ! . Have a good look and feel free to post any comments that come to your minds.

Three cheers to Marla (Crickett) for her snazzy feather blanks !!!

Last edited:

magpens

Mal - I especially like the pens made with the feather blanks! I'd love to see an individual photo of each to better admire the feathers. Beautiful work!

Steve, I can send you a higher resolution copy of the photo which I posted. . It would be ~ 5Meg and you could zoom in on individuals.

Let me know if you want that and PM me your email address.

I can do further photos later, but right now those pens are at a month-long locked-up display and I can't get them out.

Thanks for your comment :embarrassed: !

Last edited:
Top Bottom