Southwest Style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

My wife and I teach Native American Culture at our local community college and highlight the course with guest speakers each semester. In the Native tradition, I make plates, platters, pens, etc. as a gift to thank them for sharing their experiences. Since most of the speakers are repeats, it gets harder and harder to find something new.

I bought the 3 pack starter kit from PSI for their new Southwest Mesa kit. The wood is olive wood. I'll let you know how they like them.

C & C appreciated.

Attachments

• Southwest.jpg
    Southwest.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

John, really neat being able to do this and give your speakers a handcrafted item! Gorgeous pens! You can't go wrong with olive wood!

elkhorn

Thank you, Charlie and Wayne.

Wayne, good suggestion and I did consider local woods, but I have already gone through all of them for past presents. Just thought the olive wood went well with the kits.

OZturner

Fantastic Pens, John.
As I am not exposed to the SouthWest Heritage, Culture or Tradition, I have not considered these pens as something that I would use.
But for your Purpose and Situation, I couldn't think of a more Approprite Pen.
And in your hands they are a Winner.
Congratulations,
Brian.

elkhorn

Thanks, Brian. The Native American culture is a very rich and beautiful culture. Having lived on some of their reservations for a number of years, I can't help but to be moved by the beauty of it.

Hope you're still doing well, my friend.

Take care,

John

Top Bottom