The southwest graduate.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is one of PSI`s newer pens called the graduate. It is magnetic cap. I have put my self cast blank we call southwest. It is quite a large pen being it has a 10.5 lower with little nib making you have to hold the barrel like the Zen. The clip has a little screw on the inside of the cap for adjusting clip tension against the body.
Thanks for looking. Comments bad/good welcome.
Brian Kort
Southern Pen Designs
KnB Pen blanks

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8589.JPG

IMG_8590.JPG

IMG_8592.JPG

IMG_8593.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert111

I love everything about that pen! Beautiful blank! Thanks for showing off the Graduate components. Nice that they are supplying roller ball, fountain, and ballpoint and in all the popular platings.

thetalbott4

I like it also in that its fairly unique. Yes, I know its Zenesque, but the way the clip is attached, the knurling, the short nib, and the fact you can turn the upper barrel, is kinda refreshing. I just cant get past the magnetic uppers though. They come off too easy. I would like to see an upper barrel that is magnetic but also 'snaps' into place. Nice work.

ToddMR

That looks really sharp! The blank you used on that really looks good with that kit/plating. Thanks too for letting me know what the screw is for. Nice job!

bitshird

Your pen is sweet looking, I love your blank, and while I've made quite a few Zen pens, I really don't like writing with them,:frown: the lack of a decent size grip area means I have to hold it on the barrel, and my hand writing isn't the best any way.:redface:
The components look nice, and I think I like the idea of adjustable pocket clip tension, I just wish they would extend the nib/grip length a bit. I'll probably spring for 1 or 2 sets just to have something different in stock, but it'll be difficult to match yours, that blank is beautiful.:peace:

Thanks for the comments everyone. As for the pen itself, it is a big pen. The lower barrel tube is quite long and the cap is short. The tubes are 12.5mm and 10.5mm and you have to hold the barrel to write.

MartinPens

That's a great pen!
I love the overall look. This new pen style has some nice features. I especially like the cap section and how the clip is tied into the top of the pen. I can see that being used in some creation. Not sure I care much for the body components combined with a fountain pen, but you have done a fantastic job in putting it all together for a great pen. Congrats

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom