Something new for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RonMc1954

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonMc1954

Hi everyone, I tried my luck at adding some "custom" work to one of my pens. I am not real happy with it's apperance, but technically it turned out all right. Top one is a Parker Classic made from Red Hala, and the bottom one is a Parker Designer made from Amboyna Burl and Corin with a brass spacer. Let me know your thoughts
Thanks
Ron

2006314215929_newpen2.jpg

200631422222_newpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Very unique. I like the brass idea with the Amboyna Burl but not with the Corian. IMO it's just too busy. I sure can say that I've had a couple ugly pens because I wanted to learn a new technique. If you learned something new that you can now apply with other pens then it was all worth it! Good luck![8D] Also, it would be nice to have a closer picture.

JimGo

Ron,
Can we see bigger versions of the pics? I like the parker classic. I'm not sure I like the bottom one, though. As a concept it works, but the colors don't go well together. I think a Corian with a cream/beige/light tan or a black base would have gone better.

gerryr

I agree, the Corian just doesn't make it with Amboyna Burl. I also agree the picture is too small to really see much, in fact I don't think I can see the brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom