Something a little different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Have been making a few bullet pens lately, they keep disappearing!

This one is a bit different, apart from the 308 cartridge on the bottom and the 2 part 308 on the top, which are pretty standard by now, for me anyway.

If you look closely at the projectile used, it is not your ordinary copper/lead projectile, it is actualy a solid brass one! These are made especially for target shooters, made right down the road from me here in Victoria-Oz, solid brass made on CNC machinery. They are rather long and heavy.

IMG_1606.jpg

The blank is Dymondwood, makes quite a good combination with the all-brass pen, I think.

Made another bullet pen with the same blank, this one the standard 308 with a standard Sierra 155gr projectile, Gold Euro Rifle clip with 308 primer end as centre band.

IMG_1603.jpg

.........and here they are both together.

IMG_1617.jpg

Both have now been sold, in fact the day after they were made!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
More great work Fred . I especially like the brass projectile . Both styles are quite appealling to me . The diamondwood looks very nice with the brass . Thanks for sharing with us .

Jmhoff10500

Ooh, I like those alot! I just have too many things I want to do, I even have a bunch of casings ready to be made into a kit, but alas, I have to drool over my keyboard looking at your guys' pens... Thanks for sharing!

jttheclockman

I like the look. Just abit different. Goes the brass projectile stay in the cartridge without any problem or did you glue it in??? Just thinking it might be tougher to crimp if you are using a crimper.

Nice clean photos also. Not easy to photograph shiny objects like brass. Thanks for showing.

Top Bottom