Something I have been working on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

I have made the components for this pen on my Swiss CNC.
I also have a new clip design but for now I have just put this one on.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 811
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 559

alphageek

Former Moderator
Just so you guys know... He can't answer most of the questions that you are asking.... At least not HERE. I'm sure more will be coming in an appropriate place :)

PenMan1

Thank you for not over cooking the grits! The lines are sleek, beautiful and not over "doo dahed" with meaningless embellishments.

The joint where the clip meets the cap is machining excellence! The posting threads are perhaps the most elegent end since Broadwell's Nouveaux. Even without "touching" the pen, I can tell that the balance will be excellent because of the extended body and shortened cap section.

The finish is up to your usual excellent standards. At first viewing, I judged the clip to be a little "plain". BUT, each time I look at it, I like the clip more and more, and realize the endless possibilities for customization.

Overall, I like this pen and love the hardware. I would sure like to see this in platinum and black titanium. I think this is the most refreshing hardware I've seen in years! Nicely done, Sir!

Last edited:

bitshird

Thank you for not over cooking the grits! The lines are sleek, beautiful and not over "doo dahed" with meaningless embellishments.
Overall, I like this pen and love the hardware. I would sure like to see this in platinum and black titanium. I think this is the most refreshing hardware I've seen in years! Nicely done, Sir!

I have to agree, very nice work Constant.

Thank you everyone for your comments it is more than what I could have asked for. I have literally done a crash course on this machine but I am very happy with my progress. I still have a lot to learn and there are not much room for mistakes before it cost you a lot of money in repairs or tooling.

I have tried to keep the pen design simple with nice flowing lines. I have added a little more grip to the nib section and use that same shape for the finial.
The Cap on this pen has no jewel but I have also made a cap that would take a jewel.

Here is a short video from on how the Cap end with the groove for the clip is made. The video only show the main side of the machine. The sub side would actually grip the part before it is cut off. Then the sub side would finish cutting the other end of the part.( Finish and cut the opening for the jewel)

USA pen parts - YouTube

Justturnin

Wow, I really like that. Can't wait for more details. Can I ask how you make these? You say on your CNC, do you cut them and send them off for finish, or is that Stainless that you just polish up afterwards?

edit:
You video answered most of my question. That is an amazing machine.

Last edited:

Russell Eaton

Man that looks incredible. Ofter seeing all the parts you had already turned, it is nice to see the completed pen. I will have to come see it in person and see about buying some of them from you.

Top Bottom