Something I created

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So , I was hanging out in the Man Cave yesterday , wondering what pen I would turn next . I looked over at the bandsaw for which I recently bought a mitre . Then I looked down at the box I drop my cut offs in , and wondered what I might be able to make out of some of that stuff . Found these pieces . Rosewood Burl and Holly . used some aluminum to seperate the pieces . Put them with a Tapa Pacifica , and here it is . First time I've ever done this . CA , MM to 12000 plastX and Renwax. Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Chuck it looks great and it is also good for us to push ourselves. One thing I learned with segmenting holly is it LOVES to stain (wood, metal, it doesn't care). So I have found a couple of tricks that help with that.
1. Do a light final cut with a scary sharp scraper and do not sand, learned this trick from Hank.
OR
2. Before you sand, apply a sealer coat of Thin CA.
Hope that helps for your future experiments!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you all for the compliments . Hans THANKS for the tips . This is just the beginning of these type of blanks .

Thank you Jeff & Cathy Sue !

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Ken & Karin . Yeh , it feels pretty cool after 3 years of turning other peoples blanks , although don't think me as being ungrateful . :wink:

Top Bottom