Something Eclectic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EdwinSSIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwinSSIV

I named this pen Desert Dusk(After meeting Ron Mc, I have this urge to name my pens now!:D)
Satin Nickel Baron Kit.
FP finish and TSW
Comments and critiques are welcome

2006521145512_DesertD4.jpg

2006521145525_DesertD3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Sorry, doesn't work for me. The thought that comes to my mind for the top is "too much". The bottom looks like is belongs on a different pen. However, the work you put into it shows talent and craftmanship. The next one will probably get a thumbs up from me.

Ron Mc

Ed,
It was great to meet you and Janet and indulge in good food and beverages!
I believe you have named your pen properly. The look feels like a dessert dusk.
Nicely done.

challagan

It is eclectic. I really really like the top and the colors and mix in it. I think the bottom might have looked better with the light wood instead of the red or maybe just the brown. Neat pen either way.
Noticed you used TSW over friction polish. How does the FP hold up under TSW? Does it las longer than it does otherwise?

Corey

EdwinSSIV

Originally posted by challagan
<br />Noticed you used TSW over friction polish. How does the FP hold up under TSW? Does it las longer than it does otherwise?

So far Corey I have tried it only on a couple of pens. The finish is fantastic over the staright FP...I have not carried one around yet to really see how it holds up. With everything I read it should last much longer. Some others who have used TSW more might chime in on that one.

Skye

I'm with the rest of the bunch in that I like the cap more than the body. The cap was very nicely done. I think keeping them consistant would have made this a different pen.

Not feeling the bulge towards the cap on the body.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
<br />It is eclectic. I really really like the top and the colors and mix in it. I think the bottom might have looked better with the light wood instead of the red or maybe just the brown. Neat pen either way.
Noticed you used TSW over friction polish. How does the FP hold up under TSW? Does it las longer than it does otherwise?

Corey
Here's my first pen...a year and a half ago or thereabouts. It's cocobolo with a shellac-based friction finish (Crystal Coat it I remember correctly). Several coats of TSW added.

200652434329_FirstPenCocobolo.jpg
<br />

This pen sits by the phone in the living room for anyone to use. I haven't done any touch ups or even buffed it in well over a year. I think it's held up pretty well to a lot of use.

wags54

I'm really new at this myself but my first impression is great workmanship but the top & bottom seem to be from two different pens.
But both are done well. I don't dislike the pen just seems not to go together. But then that just my way of thinking I have trouble color cordinating my clothes LOL

challagan

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Here's my first pen...a year and a half ago or thereabouts. It's cocobolo with a shellac-based friction finish (Crystal Coat it I remember correctly). Several coats of TSW added.

This pen sits by the phone in the living room for anyone to use. I haven't done any touch ups or even buffed it in well over a year. I think it's held up pretty well to a lot of use.

First Lou, your kidding me... you have only been turning a year and a half?? Well, that pen speaks pretty highly of the TSW, I love the stuff but haven't tried it over friction polish. I will now. Thanks Lou!

Corey

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
First Lou, your kidding me... you have only been turning a year and a half?? Well, that pen speaks pretty highly of the TSW, I love the stuff but haven't tried it over friction polish. I will now. Thanks Lou!

Corey
Ok, I guess that's a slight exaggeration. I turned my first pen on 7/29/05 at Woodcraft. I turned my second pen about two months later. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom