Something Different Revised

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timdaleiden

Status
Not open for further replies.

timdaleiden

Okay, now this one still needs something, but I am not sure what. I could trim it back a bit at the finial end, and use a round top and clip.

It is based on a pen that Chuck showed off. The tip is used to extend the refill. I used an oversize brass tube the full length to give it strength.

Comments welcome.

tn_onepiece.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Your right Tim, it is a nice pen, but it is missing something.
Maybe the center needs to be defined....don't know.
Nice pen though.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by airrat
<br />how difficult is it to: 1)replace the ink and 2)extend the ink to write?

Love the colors.

My nine year old daughter can easily retract and extend the refill. Changing refills would require an adult strength grip, but not too bad.

I plan on sending this pen in for the Childrens Hospital auction, once I refine the design a bit, and provided that things get under way again.

C_Ludwigsen

Hey Tim, nice work. I think you hit the nail on the head about the clip. Fun project though. The laminations must have taken awhile. Good to see your work.

timdaleiden

I like it much better now. I shortened it a bit, changed the shape, and added the Euro style finial and clip.

tn_onepiece2.jpg

Sorry for making people click the mouse button...consider it an exercise program. [;)]

alamocdc

Sorry, Tim, but it still doesn't work for me. I think maybe it is just too repetitive down the length of the pen and neds a bit more contrast, but it could just be me. I like the solid barrel well enough and didn't even have a problem with the previous clip.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Sorry, Tim, but it still doesn't work for me.

Don't apologize, I appreciate the honesty. It is different, and I didn't expect it to appeal to everyone. In fact, Rich K e-mailed me a similar response late last night. I would rather get an honest shrug, than an insincere pat on the back.[:D]

Edit: Oh, and thanks Pastor Bill, I think the changes I made improved the overall look quite a bit.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tim,
I had to rest after clicking on the thumbnail before typing this. I agree that the changes helped the pen. Any critique I could make as to the design of the pen would only expose my jealousy in that I cannot laminate like that. [8D]

timdaleiden

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Tim,
I had to rest after clicking on the thumbnail before typing this. I agree that the changes helped the pen. Any critique I could make as to the design of the pen would only expose my jealousy in that I cannot laminate like that. [8D]

William,

I am glad I was able to contribute to your well being. [:)]

This is actually a very simple lamination. Just measure, cut and glue. The hard part is drilling a hole through that long of a blank.

GregD

Hi Tim,
While you have created a beautiful looking pen, I think it is too repetitive over the length. The changes you made helped but I think a center band would help with the over all look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom