Something different on a Brooks blank - #113

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

I just love these blanks Jonathan Brooks casts! I put this Vintage Crimson (?) on a Rhodium Comfort, but left it fatter than usual in the middle. Even tried my had at a custom center band. What do you think?
Earl

P1030493.jpg

P1030494.jpg

And the closeup:
P1030492.jpg

And without the center band:
P1030495.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryvnd2001

Fabulous! I personally like it without the centerband. If you wanted to play with it some more you could use a contrasting color for the centerband and see if it pops! Good job!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Not bad for a beginner! Too bad you couldn't get it to shine!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: You know I only Jest! Lots of shine and VERY smooth!!! That looks GREAT! I like the center band treatment too!!!:highfive:

bitshird

Nice looking pen, I think the centerband is OK but a contrasting color would maybe look better, and I also think it looks great with out the band.

Brooks803

I like it with the centerband. That is an early version of the vintage blanks Earl. I've tweaked the mix, but it's beautiful no matter what! Nice and shiney to boot.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I like the pen and love your photography. next time I come to Tifton to visit my Mother I should make contact and see how to do the photo's as good as you do........

EarlD

I like the pen and love your photography. next time I come to Tifton to visit my Mother I should make contact and see how to do the photo's as good as you do........

OldMan, Tifton's only about 40 miles from me. No secret on the pictures though. I use a Panasonic digital camera that's about 3 years old. I use a tripod and two light reflectors with the cool temperature fluorescent bulbs. I purchased a "table top" kit with the light tent but don't use the tent with pens. I like the direct light better. I use a piece of printer paper for the background.

I use Google's Picasa to tweak most of them a little. It's hard to capture the glimmer in our pens. Photo's just do not do them justice.

Earl

Top Bottom