Something Different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Johnathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

This is a pen I made for my editor. Black Titanium Jr. Gent rollerball with purpleheart and black embossing powder enlay. The final product is pretty good but the embossing powder was a pain in the royal butt to work with. Let me know what you think. I really like the color of the purpleheart with the black titanium.

PurplePen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That's pretty! A big trim ring like that made from embossing powder is just askin' for trouble...nice job!

I never noticed the light colored trim ring on that kit/finish before...looks nice!

Johnathan

The ring is cut with a parting tool. I use very thin CA to get the powder to "stick" then fill the whole thing with CA. Sorry that the picture is so bad. I'm working on it.

gerryr

Nice combination, I like it. <s>I would suggest you rotate the pen a bit so the far end isn't so far away. It's a bit out of focus.</s>

After seeing your other post, you already knew that.[B)]

the black inlay may have been easier using poly clay from hobby crafts, I messed up a pen I was turning and then I used the clay to fill in and put back on the lathe turned out you could not see where the blew apart on me.

But like the pen alot, if the editor does not like it you could mail it to me.
[:D]

Russb

For black accent rings on woodturnings I mix powder artists charcoal with two part epoxy to fill a groove. You need very little charcoal and it works great. For other colors I use artists color pigment in very small jars. Somewhat expensive and does not mix as well as the coarcoal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom