Something different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

Today I thought I would just dig in and let the tools and imagination dictate. I wanted to get away from the regular and sculpt a little. Tiger maple with a copper trimline and a burn in with my bass guitar string produced this spindle writer. It actually fits the index finger and thumb rather well and has decent lower balance while being quite functional. CA finish. This would look cool on a wooden single pen desk stand. Montverdi medium refill balck. You'll need a large shirt pocket if you take it to work.
C&C always welcome.

Attachments

• Custom - Tiger Maple.jpg
    Custom - Tiger Maple.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Custom - Tiger Maple (2).jpg
    Custom - Tiger Maple (2).jpg
    179 KB · Views: 160
  • Custom - Tiger Maple (3).jpg
    Custom - Tiger Maple (3).jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Great looking piece of Tiger Maple! Super job on the turning too! You are right about the feel of the grip area. The finish looks to be very nice as well!
It would be a bonus for someone with arthritis.

You might consider leaving off the clip and then you can turn the top barrel larger to balance with the lower blank.

vakmere

Great looking piece of Tiger Maple! Super job on the turning too! You are right about the feel of the grip area. The finish looks to be very nice as well!
It would be a bonus for someone with arthritis.

You might consider leaving off the clip and then you can turn the top barrel larger to balance with the lower blank.

Thank you...Like this? One of my earlier ones. These are interesting to turn.

Attachments

• Cocobolo spindle pen.JPG
    Cocobolo spindle pen.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 144
Top Bottom