Something Different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hi Everyone,

Here is a new pen based on a Yaacov Agam design, it is done on a Art Deco Rollerball Pen Kit, the image was put on the tube by me and then 8 coats of CA on top.

Please let me know what you think, I had this idea about 10 months ago and finally got around to doing it.

Sorry about the photos I just used my phone.

Thanks

Attachments

• Agam2.jpg
    Agam2.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 497
  • agam3.jpg
    agam3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Agam1.jpg
    Agam1.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timcbs

This Pen took me 2 tries to get it right and still I am not happy, I need to put the image on to the tube and have someone cast the outside for me, if anyone knows someone who can do that please let me know!!!

Thanks

KDM

Cracker! That finish looks very thick to only be 8 coats. What CA did you use? Also, what did you stick the photocopy tot eh tube with? I'm just jealous - I've had mixed success with this. Either the glue shows through or the sticker peels off when I CA it!

timcbs

I use Medium Flex CA that they sell at Rocklers, I lay down a 1/8 bead of CA and smooth it out with a plastic bag on my finger, I do this 8 times so the CA is very thick and then I cut it down smooth again, there is a trick I just to keep the CA from eating the Photo copy, not sure if I want to let everyone know what it is, if you want to PM me I will tell you.

Thanks

Top Bottom