Something different.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

edstreet

Well to be honest this post belongs in several forums, not just one; Photography, casual convo and show off your pens.

This is an Aero clicker in black titanium with Olive wood.

I had some epic problems with this olivewood from nasty hardcore cracks to serious insect problems, loads of shipping and finally filling, down to the tube, with CA to a very small dimple at best. I bought this wet and along the way made numerous mistakes which I regret but this was grown in the US and it's a cutting from the tree. Below the clip by the black circle was 2 big cracks that went clear to through and you could see the blank. So I ended up mixing some dust with CA and filling that up, I tried to make it color match but failed that as to me it sticks out like a sore thumb but then again I am colorblind and this sort of things really sticks out.

I have been on this epic quest for a very long time to find good backgrounds, compositions over the years have used many diverse things. I can still hear my underwater photography instructor telling me "show me something I have never seen before." From what I have seen here on IAP over the years this would be the first for this particular background and layout.

IMG_8466.JPG

IMG_8464.JPG

IMG_8450.JPG

Oh and cant resist.

IMG_8456.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8447.jpg
    IMG_8447.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_8421.jpg
    IMG_8421.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_8446.jpg
    IMG_8446.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_8425.jpg
    IMG_8425.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Nice pen, and the fix doesn't detract from it in my opinion.

Of course you know you opened the door for cat jokes.

I like cats they.....wait, we probably don't want to go there.

scotian12

Ed...there must be something in the wood of olivewood that attracts cats. whenever I make a pen out of olive wood I have to put it away. If I leave it on a table they are there licking and playing with the pen and knocking them on the floor. I don't notice this with other wood pens I leave out. Regards Darrell

edstreet

No I did not drug the cat. I have 2 rooms in the house with carpet the rest I have very beautiful and very thick hardwood floors from the 1950's (about 1 1/2" thick). She like the carpet in this room an follows me there when I take photo's.

She did not seem to be interested in the pen but that could be from the chemicals in it.

Ever since she was a little kitten she has always been photogenic.

IMG_8455.JPG

dexter0606

Nice job. Good looking blank. Could have been a tad smaller on the bottom end.
Not sure sure about the background though. My eyes are getting itchy just looking!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Nice save and the photos are too good. They really are so good it shows that the pen is OOR a bit. Still looks good.

Kretzky

Was there a pen in those pics? All I saw was that gorgeous cat (we have 4, all rescues & all with sad tales (tails :rolleyes:) to tell).
Seriously love the pen, the pics & the background... Great job all round :biggrin:
David

Top Bottom