Some very special pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from campzeke

campzeke

A few weeks ago on Palm Sunday my neighbors lost their 26 year old son in a tragic accident. What do you say? What do you do? Nothing you or I say or do can ever relieve that pain. After attending the memorial service, I had the idea to make my neighbors and their other son each a pen with a photo of their son/brother on it. I was not sure how the pens would be received. Would they be a good thing or reminder the family didn't need. I decided to go for it and contacted Jason Rose to make the blanks for me. Jason did an outstanding job on the blanks and got them to me within a couple of days. I turned the blanks and mounted them on Gold and Gunmetal Gatsby kits. A few days later my wife and I presented the pens which were lets say ... emotionally received in a good way. This evening I spoke with my neighbor and he told me how special the pens were to him and his family. I don't think anything can take away the pain of loosing a child, but if a pen can bring a little joy back to a broken heart .... I'm happy to do my part to make that happen.

I shaded the face in the photo to .... I think you understand.

Attachments

• 20170506_162927_LI.jpg
    20170506_162927_LI.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 262

OZturner

Beautiful Gesture Rick, I Appreciate your Apprehension, So Glad it was Received as you Hoped.
Magnificent Pens,
Glorious Blanks from Jason,
Superb Fit and Finish,
Obviously Built with Love and Compassion.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom