Some from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

It's been a while since I've cast some of our Florentine blanks, so this morning Dee made some and I cast in Alumilite, 2 hours later ready to turn.
Here are the results. As always all comments welcome.

IMG_2869.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Gorgeous, I would like a red blank and a blue blank please:wink: Awesome as usual, can't you turn something down at my level please:eek:

Last edited:

firewhatfire

cant say I have ever seen any blanks like those. Of course I am fairly new to this game. They are very interesting and I would guess a closely guarded secret, if not I would love to see the demo on doing those.

Phil

SteveG

I will join the chorus in proclaiming those pens fantastic. Can you share the technique on the blanks? Or perhaps offer some for sale?
Thanks
Steve Guzy

bluwolf

Those are very cool! That kind of stuff doesn't normally do anything for me. But those are very sharp looking. Nice job Roy.

OKLAHOMAN

I was wondering when some one would notice that the far left one was overturned and it is, the other two are fine it's the shadow on the photo but the far left one is terribly overturned. Just goes to show, the only reason I showed it was the blank. It already has been taken apart and Dee will make a new top for me to cast.
They look incredible! Great casting!

Is it just the photo, or are the 3 pens on the left all over-turned at the cap finial?

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Roy! What beauties! I was going to say "inbelieveable" . . . but its YOUR work. You make it belileveable. I'd love to see one of them in person. I have an idea that the picture doesn't do them justice.

Is Alumilite easeier to turn than Acrylic?

Reece

Even so, amazing blanks. Great inspiration for a casting 'student' like me.

I was wondering when some one would notice that the far left one was overturned and it is, the other two are fine it's the shadow on the photo but the far left one is terribly overturned. Just goes to show, the only reason I showed it was the blank. It already has been taken apart and Dee will make a new top for me to cast.
They look incredible! Great casting!

Is it just the photo, or are the 3 pens on the left all over-turned at the cap finial?

broitblat

Great looking stuff, Roy. I don't recall seeing as much color variations in previous incarnations of the Florentines.

So, are you going to recast the top of the first one, or replace it entirely?

-Barry

bruce119

Very Nice Roy

Seems your taking a liking to Alumilite. :cool:

We'll have to get together and discuss it over a Cuban some day.:wink:

Early tomorrow morning I am headed to the Smokey's N.C. on Vaca. for 2 weeks.:tongue:

BTW they look like they would have a nice flake effect bet they really shimmer in the sun.
:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom