Some things I'll do differently...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

...next time around, like lengthening the cap so the section isn't as short and painting the inside of the barrel before I epoxy in the piece to be threaded. Still, I like the combination -- blue Amedeo and alternate casein.

The center band is 6061 aluminum plated in nickel with a ring of the Amedeo captured in the center.

Not entirely sure why the backgrounds differ in color, but frankly, that is the least of the problems I had with this pen. :eek:

Thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• amedeocaseinu.jpg
    amedeocaseinu.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 243
  • amedeocaseinc.jpg
    amedeocaseinc.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Beautiful..I love both the color combination and choice of materials. Very nice centerband. Thanks for showing! Doc

plantman

:confused::confused: Doug: Excellent craftsmanship !! I like the colors and center band. As for your difference in backround color, this may be the answer if you are using fluorescent bulbs to lite your photos. Fluorescent bulbs work like a strobe lite. The gases are charged 60 times a cycle, so it depends on what part of the cycle the camera takes the photo. The lite could be off, on, or somewhere in between. You usualy could not see the difference with the naked eye, unless you have a bulb that is getting weak. Than you may see the light move from one end of a tube to the other on a longer tube. Next time you go into a store with fluorescent lighting, look for tubes that have dark ends about 1 or 2 inches out from the ends. These are week tubes and will usualy flicker or not fully lite, and you can see the charge on the gas going back and forth. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom