Some Statesmans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have pen turning quite a bit lately. I have been at two craft shows in the last few weeks, sales were great.:D

These are some pens I felt that I wanted to share.

This is an ebony Statesman pen. I had some problems turning ebony earlier with it blowing up after the pen was done. This is some very dry ebony given to me by Konrad Sauer. This pen is a gift to a friend who has helped me a great deal in developing my hand tool work (furniture).
IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

The following Statesman is another pen in turquoise Try Stone. I have had a lot of demand for pens in this material, it really has a unique look

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

This is another Statesman pen made with a Tru Stone called White Web
IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7355.jpg

Thanks for looking, all critiques are welcome.:)

My favorite is the ebony by the way..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kf4knf

Nice work. I have a solid black, high gloss ebony pen in gold I use at work. There is just somehthing about a nice black pen - it hits the spot and looks professional. Nice work. I like the stone look and I can understand the demand now.

Kaspar

The ebony is fantastic. Clean, classic look.

Thanks for doing a couple in Tru-stone. I was wondering how the Statesman would look in those. I think the turquoise works well enough that someone out there will buy it. It does seem to be a bit too much though. What I'd really like to see is a combination of ebony and turquoise (a lot of the former, not too much of the latter) with the gold statesman for a Southwestern jewelry look. The Statesman is mostly silver, and the hint of gold wouldn't be too much, methinks. The trustone web is okay, but I think you were right to stick with the BT on that.

Originally posted by Kaspar
<br />The ebony is fantastic. Clean, classic look.

Thanks for doing a couple in Tru-stone. I was wondering how the Statesman would look in those. I think the turquoise works well enough that someone out there will buy it. It does seem to be a bit too much though. What I'd really like to see is a combination of ebony and turquoise (a lot of the former, not too much of the latter) with the gold statesman for a Southwestern jewelry look. The Statesman is mostly silver, and the hint of gold wouldn't be too much, methinks. The trustone web is okay, but I think you were right to stick with the BT on that.

Thanks for the great critique Kasper, all comments noted...I appreciate them.

Can you tell me what you mean by BT please...a bit slow on my end..

:)

BigRob777

They all look good to me. Good luck with your ebony. I got one that was cracked all over, but I've never turned one. The only thing I've turned in ebony is a stopper, which is fine still.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom