Some Simple Black Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

A client wanted some black cigars for his boss and colleague. One is solid black AA; the other is black (with grain patter) Dymondwood from LarryC. I used Pens Plus (and a little micro abrasive wax) after dry sanding to 2000 grit to finish the Dymondwood. It is really a durable material and really doesn't need anything to finish it.

Attachments

• Cigar Black Acrylic.jpg
    Cigar Black Acrylic.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Cigar Black Dymondwood.jpg
    Cigar Black Dymondwood.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Tony, The solid black along with the black parts on the pen really pop with the chrome...classic but elegant!
Both pens are eye catchers!

Dehn0045

I must have missed your last few pens, you've really stepped up your photography! Great looking pens and beautiful photos!

DJBPenmaker

Your headline says "simple" those pens are not that simple! Great contours, detail and finish. I love them. Simple is often the biggest challenge.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

greenacres2

Truly elegant. Nothing simple about finishing solid black AA--any imperfection will easily show. Looks like you nailed it!!
earl

TonyL

Thank you all. I did make a much smaller light box and I bought a new cell phone. The pics are better, but not close to what I see posted here. Thank you for the compliments. The cigars were the ones that Exotics had on sale a few weeks ago. Ed said they were made in China, but that I wouldn't be disappointed in them. He was right. I stopped making cigars for years, but clients started asking for them (male and female) and they don't "waste" so much material. Yes, the dark shades and colors are not as forgiving. It was "perfect" when I dropped it in the box to mail it. I warned the customer about scratches appearing after some use, but that is wanted. For a $2 blank and and $7 kit, one can make a decent profit because the pen is so substantial.

Top Bottom