Some recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
To celebrate a major milestone at work, I made a series of team pens from Padauk / Hickory or Purpleheart / Holly. The wood choice has some special significance for the team. I will start handing them out this coming week.

And I made a few pens for the troops which I will hand in at our IAP chaper meeting today. They are made from Zebrawood, Jatoba, Spanish Cedar and Box Elder.

Attachments

• Team Pens 001.jpg
    Team Pens 001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 177
  • Turned for Troops 001.jpg
    Turned for Troops 001.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Those are good looking pens, I like the centerbandless (new word) look. Don't you like making the same style of pen so many times?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Those are good looking pens, I like the centerbandless (new word) look. Don't you like making the same style of pen so many times?

Thanks, it is a bit relaxing making the same simple style. I made up a story stick to turn them. I cut holes in some hardboard then ripped it down the middle of them. This way while turning I can just place the right half hole over the blank at the right spot while it turns to check the dimensions. This makes the whole process rather easy on the mind. I spend my days working on difficult engineering problems, and it is nice to come home to a simple hands on task to unwind at the end of the week. I spread it out over a couple months so that I could get other projects done too. I would start my turning for each day of the weekend with one process step (turning, finishing, buffing, assembly) to start of in a relaxed frame of mind, then go make something else like a bowl.

Top Bottom