Some Recent Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Here are some recent pens that I've completed.
This is my second offical sale, a Satin Nickle Cigar in PR that I cast myself. The contours at the nib were requested by the customer.
200623164943_0009CigarPRShapedCropScaled2.jpg

The second is an El Grande in Koa wood. It was payment to a coworker who brought back a nice slab of straight Koa during a trip to Hawaii.
200623164354_0010ElGrandeKoa2Crop.jpg

This is is my Valentines Day gift to my wife. Thanks to RonMC for the inspiration to have the lower barrel engraved.
200623164628_0011SierraRosePRCrop.jpg

Here is my first Jr. Statesman V2 and my first fountain pen. This will be my everyday pen for a while, so I can learn the care and feeding of fountain pens.
200623164818_0012JrStatePRFountainCrop.jpg

And my third sale, a Platinum Cigar in PR that I again cast myself, and laser engraved by Ken. I really like how this one turned out.
200623165359_0013CigarPRBulldogCrop.jpg

Any and all comments and critiques welcome.
Cheers,
Draken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

What's the engraving on the bottom one James?

The rest all look really cool! I especially like the Jr. Statesman II and the Sierra. The Jr because of the material, and the Sierra because of the engraving. All around, nice job!

Ron Mc

Draken,
Lookin Good![:D]
Thanks for reminding me that Valentines day is coming up. Maybe I need to make her a dozen rose pen.[;)]

pete00

Draken

the least you could do is make a bad one, but no...you have to make all of them great.
Now im going to get a headache trying to figure out which i like the best....[:D]

Draken

Thanks for all the great comments guys! I too like the red PR, too bad I didn't cast more of it. I'll need to try and duplicate the color when it warms up around here in the Spring.

Sorry for the lack of details on the engraving, the upper barrel is a bulldog, and it wraps about 3/4 around the barrel. Here is straight on photo of it:
20062319426_0013CigarPRBulldogCloseupCrop.jpg

And here is the original image it was created from for reference (scaled to meet Forum guidelines):
2006231957_bulldogCrop.jpg

The coworker that ordered this pen has been showing it up and down the hallway, generating a lot of interest, already had one person stop by to see if there is still time to get a pen made up for his wife for Valentines day. Of course, I said sure, it is much easier since he doesn't want any engraving.

Cheers,
Draken

Draken

I also have two wood pens (yes, I do turn those too!) in progress. One has its lacquer finish curing (my first attempt at lacquer) and the second is waiting for another warm, and dry, day so I can spray it with lacquer.

Cheers,
Draken

Draken

Originally posted by pete00
<br />Draken

the least you could do is make a bad one, but no...you have to make all of them great.
Now im going to get a headache trying to figure out which i like the best....[:D]

Oh, I make bad ones too, the trick is to deny their existance... [;)] Oh, and don't take photos of them either, makes denying them easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom