Some recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yaroslaw

yaroslaw

As I've finally got my photo skills to new level, I want to share some of my recent pens.

Sedona RB in Grass Green acrylics (freebie from Exotic Blanks). It was my 4th acrylic pen:)

Triton in Malachite Web tru-stone (1st time tru-stone)

Jr.Gent II in Royal blue acrylic, laminated with moose antler and ebony. Blank was once again freebie from Exotics:) After final polish I found a flaw in a resin... a black swirl in uniform color. What a pity! I was thinking to give away this pen to someone... and then changed my mind, disassembled it and tried to cut a grove for a filler... And BANG! Design opportunity:)
And now it looks much more interesting then before!:))))

A couple of modded 7mm - euro buxus (box wood?) with turquoise inlay and ebonite with moose antler CB. Ebonite I've bought at local flea market, it looked very strange at first, but it was cheap as hell, so I have decided to give it a try and stocked some material for later experiments in kitless. Result - stunning deep black with high luster polish! But, real hell to make a photo of ebonite pen without dust!

Attachments

• DSC_6439_sm.JPG
    DSC_6439_sm.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_6452_sm.JPG
    DSC_6452_sm.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_6375_sm.JPG
    DSC_6375_sm.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC_6472_sm.JPG
    DSC_6472_sm.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC_6363_sm.JPG
    DSC_6363_sm.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NotURMailman

Beautiful pens!

Also, since you mentioned the photo quality (which is equally impressive) would you mind giving details on lighting, background, etc please?

yaroslaw

On photos - lightbox 32x32", black background (came with lightbox). Pens are pictured on a piece of glass, standing on vine glasses:) approximately 15cm(6") from background. 2x500Wt halogen lights from both sides of lightbox.
Ideally, lightbox could be smaller (like 40x40cm), but this one a friend of mine just gave me for free when I was asking hints and tricks in photography in Facebook:) with smaller lightbox, smaller lights would be appropriate.

Top Bottom