Some of Rebecca's Favorites

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jennera

jennera

#1 was a blank sent with the pen press. If it was labeled, Rebecca didn't notice what it was. Any guesses? It is really pretty and we'd like to get more if we can!

#2 is purple acrylic that has become Rebecca's "shop pencil". She tells me that just so she can keep it in her personal collection. :)

#3 is pecan that was from a tree limb at Rebecca's youth pastors house. He had a small piece that he had held onto and gave it to Rebecca to see what she could do with it. He hasn't seen it yet but I think he will like it!

#4 is more pecan from one of Rebecca's friends grandmothers trees. Similar story that several limbs had fallen and she brought some to Rebecca. Rebecca likes these Venom pen kits that we pick up at Wood World of Texas.

I have 30 pens on my dining room table that she has turned and more in pen cases and throughout the house. As soon as I take photos of the nicer ones, we will be looking for good homes for them and maybe shipping some to Freedom Pens. There are 2 IAP members I said I would send one too and I think she finally settled on two she was pleased enough with to send. I just need to get them packaged up this week and in the mail!

The pen press has really helped and she hasn't cracked any that I know of since she received it. She is trying out CA finishes which has challenged my photography skills of trying to get a good photo with very little glare. I am pretty happy with these thought it took some time playing with the lighting and camera settings.

Thanks for looking and all the advice and support she has received!

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Very Nice Collection of Pens Rebecca.
Great Blanks, Nicely Turned, and Finished,
From the Photographs, in particular Pen # 1, it appears that the Transition at the Clip end could be further reduced, to match the Bush and End Assembly Diameter,
But all in all, Very Well Done!
I love your Enthusiasm and Productivity.
Jennifer, I can't see much wrong with the Photographs, they Look Great.
Congratulations, Keep them Coming.
Brian.

KenV

Top pen could be maple root burr. Have had some that had similar grain and color, but suspect the source can point in the correct direction.

jennera

Nice pens! Which kit is #4? I don't recognize it.
https://woodworld-of-texas.myshopify.com/products/venom-pen-kit-2

It is a Venom kit from Wood World of Texas. We live nearby so visit them every now in then. Last time we went Rebecca picked up a couple of these kits to try and a "short" of pear that was marked down to $4.

They have a full room of kits and parts so when we just need a few things and it isnt worth the shipping and handling we make a trip. Plus we just like browsing the slabs they have. Beautiful stuff!
4692b1578723d0dfc351e732948888ce.jpg
f08495d557d2df19ee929a1c36674858.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom