Some pens for my pastor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Indiana_Parrothead

The chcurch that I attend was started about 11 years ago with about 20 people in a small banquet room at a local motel. Today we have over 1800 members. Much of that growth (beside the obvious) is the dynamic preaching of our pastor.

In a small way to show him how much he is appreacated I decided to make him a pen with the church logo one it. My wife came up with the idea that since pastors don't make all that much why not give him several that he could then give as gifts to his staff, (there are now 5 other full time associate pastors). This why he could give very nice gifts without it costing him an arm and leg, and in this case costing him nothing.

I got with Fred (PTownSubbie) about getting some CNC blanks made. The base color is black Alumilite, the logo was cut out on the CNC and recast in red Alumilite.

The blanks came out great even better than I expected, Fred did a great job. All are Elegent Sierra's in Chrome and Gun Metal. As soon as the boxes come in I am going to give him the pens. So here they are what do you thing.

Thanks, Mike
ccj2_zps1f076a9d.jpg
ccj1_zpsc87863c4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikebpeters

Well done! Great idea and exceptional execution. I have started providing pens in my church as thank you gifts too, but mine are only generic and don't have your nice personal touch.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Beautiful pen's with outstanding fit and finish. Those are going to make great gift. Fred did a great job on the blanks.

Dan Masshardt

I'll bet you are excited to give them!

Nice effort.

My preaching is so dynamic we keep shrinking. ;-).

Just kidding. But I'm not kidding when I say that that kind of personal gift would really touch me and I'm sure it will him.

I think you should just give him his first and let him open it and then give the others after he looks over his gift.

I also like that it is a practical pen for everyday use.

I'll bet you are excited to give them!

Nice effort.

My preaching is so dynamic we keep shrinking. ;-).

Just kidding. But I'm not kidding when I say that that kind of personal gift would really touch me and I'm sure it will him.

I think you should just give him his first and let him open it and then give the others after he looks over his gift.

I also like that it is a practical pen for everyday use.

Yes Dan I am pretty excited to give them to him. I was hoping the boxes would be in by Saturday so I could do it this weekend, but that is not going to happen. It is probably better anyway he is pretty busy greeting people on Sunday mornings anyway. I'll probably see if he wants to go to lunch sometime next week and do it that way.

Mike

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Beautiful pens, Mike!
A really thoughtful & personal touch - I'm sure he will be thrilled!

Krash

Very nice!

It is a good thing to honor those whom are called to shepard our souls. It is a high calling and those of us being led are commanded to be a blessing, not a worry.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.

I too have been wanting to honor the elders at my church. One is a Hebrew scholar and is a Biblical historian. I got a blank of shittim (acacia) from the Sinai desert and have been conjuring up some application of the description of the Ark of the Covenant as a theme for the pen. I am still planning and designing at this point.

Great idea to make multiple pens so that he has some really nice and unique, but inexpensive, gifts to give out.

Let us know how the lunch date goes.

elkhorn

The pens are awesome! I love the color in the blanks, and as usual, your fit and finish are great.

I think that your gift is very thoughtful and obviously comes right from your heart. I think he will be very moved by your thoughtfulness and your gesture.

PTownSubbie

Mike,

They definitely look good! You did great with them!

Hope he likes them! Definitely a unique gift that they will remember for some time!

Marko50

I do believe that many blessings are coming your way. It's a thoughtful act of kindness and unselfishness. Great job all the way around!

Sataro

Great job on the pens! Very wonderful gifts for your pastor. AI'm sure he will really enjoy the pens.

Top Bottom