some pens in dispay case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from moyehow

moyehow

here are some of the pens in the diplay case. What do you think about the pens and the display case?

Acorn
Bloodwood, aluminum, black veneer, pecan
bloodwood, aluminum, black veneer, mesquite
coffee bean
pinecone 034.jpg

pinecone 035.jpg

pinecone 037.jpg

pinecone 039.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Moye, I saw the display case in your other thread. It looks great. Nice score!

Your pens look very nice. I like the work you've done on the segmented pens. Your choice of woods go very well together.

hewunch

Moye, I saw the display case in your other thread. It looks great. Nice score!

Your pens look very nice. I like the work you've done on the segmented pens. Your choice of woods go very well together.

+1 Your segments look great. Got a ? about the Jr though. Did you put the nib on the smaller diameter end or larger? It looks backwards to me, but I do live in Ware Shoals :wink:

moyehow

A friend of mine engraved them on a black metal plate. He charged me $.50. He is now doing another one to go into each box to tell what kind of materials are used to make the pen $.50. Let me know if you would like some made. They come with a peel and stick backing. I think he would do them at the same price. PM me and let me know. Anyone who is interested.

moyehow

+1 Your segments look great. Got a ? about the Jr though. Did you put the nib on the smaller diameter end or larger? It looks backwards to me, but I do live in Ware Shoals :wink:

The smaller end. See how it tapers. It's actually a rollerball. Should I change it to fountain?

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Moye,

The nib should be on the larger end of the longer blank. The end cap should be on the smaller end. That is why the pen looks somewhat out of balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewunch
+1 Your segments look great. Got a ? about the Jr though. Did you put the nib on the smaller diameter end or larger? It looks backwards to me, but I do live in Ware Shoals

The smaller end. See how it tapers. It's actually a rollerball. Should I change it to fountain?

Top Bottom