Some pens ala BigRob777

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jhinze

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhinze

Sorry I haven't posted lately, been busy at my real job [}:)]

Here are some pics of some pens I did last night, 2 were blanks I got from BigRob777 -- the first is a Euro kit from woodcraft using the cross cut canary wood, then we have a slim-line with a profile near the nib made from a kingwood blank from BigDob777, the third is a simple yellowheart slimline I did from some scraps.

They were all sanded to MM 12000 then finished wiht Behlen's woodturners polish (3 coats) then rubbed with a little HUT wax.

20051013153645_pen4.jpg

Image Insert:
20051013153240_pen3.jpg

20051013153254_pen2.jpg

2005101315335_pen1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Originally posted by jhinze
<br />Sorry I haven't posted lately, been busy at my real job [}:)]

I've seen your picture Jim,

You don't need to be sorry for nuttin' [;)]

angboy

I didn't know that Big Rob's pen blanks tended to shrink over time![:D][:D] But seriously, all of these are very nice. Which pen kits are they made from? The middle pen looks kind of like the copper kit that Ernie has?

BigRob777

Jim,
I didn't check out the forum last night, so this was a surprise for me. That is the first X-cut canarywood pen I've seen and I have sold a bundle of them. That is my favorite. You really captured the grain and colors well in that pen. Of course I like the kingwood. It is my wife's favorite and is what I made the bottom half of her pen from. Very nice work. The yellowheart really sparkles (even if I didn't sell it to you[:D]). Thanks for the plug.
Rob
BTW, did you notice, in the 2nd picture, the thumb rest forms an eye?

jhinze

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Jim,
I didn't check out the forum last night, so this was a surprise for me. That is the first X-cut canarywood pen I've seen and I have sold a bundle of them. That is my favorite. You really captured the grain and colors well in that pen.

Thanks for the quality blanks Rob. I really like the Canarywood and will be doing a cigar pen this weekend and am going to try a different finishing method for a bit more shine.

Of course I like the kingwood. It is my wife's favorite and is what I made the bottom half of her pen from. Very nice work. The yellowheart really sparkles (even if I didn't sell it to you[:D]). Thanks for the plug.

The kingwood is beautiful, although a lot harder than I expected. It makes a very nice pen that is good for both male and female.

BTW, did you notice, in the 2nd picture, the thumb rest forms an eye?

No, not until you poined it out... that looks very cool! I wish I could say I planed it [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom