Some New Work - Pens AND Camera

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Comments, critiques, suggestions are most welcome. Thanks for looking. Regards, Rob

200713121225_Malachite.jpg

Malachite Trustone with pickguard accents, black TN Jr Gent.

200713121426_KoaGent.jpg

Koa Gent's Rhodium fountain pen

200713121618_JrEmp.jpg

Jr. Emperor turquoise trustone, rhodium and black TN

200713122015_IvoryGent.jpg

Alternative Ivory, TN Gold Gent's fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clthayer

Boy, I dunno, send them to me and I can critique them better[:D]

Very beautiful, I like the truestone pens the more I look at them.

Christian

angboy

Wow, the pens all are amazing. And you even have one of those little stars right at the center part of the top picture!!! Amazing photography!

Ron Mc

I REALLY like the way the first pen looks! The pictures look great.
If for some reason you need a home for the first pen let me know. It will rest along side some very well known pen artist in a glass case![;)]

emackrell

Rob, great looking pens! I love the pickguard accents on the malachite trustone, that detail really makes the pen stand out. Think I'll have to try some of that pickguard stuff! Well done!

cheers Eileen [8D]

GaryMGg

I love the Koa but I gotta tell ya, LOML was sitting in the chair across the room and
she says, "What is that?" The Alternate Ivory really caught her eye and that don't happen often. [;)] [8D]

Jerryconn

All are very nice, I particularly like the Koa! I would be interested in hearing more about how you photographed these pens. The pictures are very nice as well.

Rob

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />I REALLY like the way the first pen looks! The pictures look great.
If for some reason you need a home for the first pen let me know. It will rest along side some very well known pen artist in a glass case![;)]

Ron, after admiring your work and artistry since I joined the IAP, I am most humbled by your comment. Thanks very much.

Rob

Rob

Originally posted by Jerryconn
<br />All are very nice, I particularly like the Koa! I would be interested in hearing more about how you photographed these pens. The pictures are very nice as well.

Jerry,

I used a photo tent set up that I bought for about $80 at my local Ritz Camera. It came with two halogen lights, a tripod sort of gizmo and a couple of background colored fabrics (blue and gray). Seemed like when I use those backgrounds I get a lot of digital noise (jeez like I know what that is!) with the picture when I did close up shots. So, I used a brand new white T shirt instead. I used my camera's white balance setting adjustment and shot the photos in close up mode. Nothing too exotic, but they seem pretty decent, especially compared to others I had done.

Rob

BigRob777

Rob,
Fabulous work. The first two are in a class all their own. That's a spectacular piece of koa and your use of pick guard material is perfect for that green one. AWESOME!
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom