Some new successes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ngeb528

ngeb528

Hi all,

Here's a small selection of some recent pens. Some are from blanks sent from generous members of this forum. Amongst them are my 1st segmented pen and my 1st try at dyeing

Comments welcome.

Carolina Cherry on a Gun Metal Euro
Caroline Cherry on Gun Metal Euro.jpg
Curly Jarra w/ gold flake
Curly Jarra with Gold Leaf.jpg
Green Dyed Curly Maple
Green Curly Maple.jpg
Amboyna burl w/ Purpleheart segment (looks great in person)
Katie's Grad Set.jpg
Tulipwood
Picture 297.jpg
Blue Mahoe
Picture 313.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Nancy

You are already famous to me with these pens displayed, they equal and surpass so many pens I have seen on this forum already. Chiselle has his urushi and others their preparations here we are looking at acheivements we can all aspire to. ( I am completely in awe of Urushi)

The finish and deep thought you employ promotes clean style, pure simplicity and engenders a desire on my part to continue on my learning experiences with penturning. With new materials, tools, techniques the craft is leaping ahead.

For me( mostly a giver of pens) my experience is recipients of pens needs are separate from the experience we enjoy on the forum, my understanding is the pens given come from my top pocket to be used ready to stand up for a long time in use and become a constant reminder of the giver. In most homes you will find religeous books etc so lovely as to have pride of place in the home, seldom used.

I have a desire to share maybe some of our Aussie timbers with you as I feel you would enjoy the timbers as you have with the Jarrah, we are blessed with a variety of timbers that you would do justice to and enjoy. Send me a pm I would like to exchange ideas and concepts with you.

Regards Peter.

Top Bottom