Some New and Some not so New

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

eharri446

Here are four pens that I just finished. Three were finished over the week end and one was finished and show prior for a customer.

View in Gallery

This pen was made made for my oldest son. It is a Bolt Action TEC in 24kt gold with a Arizona Desert Ironwood blank.

View in Gallery

This pen is a Wall Street II in Chrome and Satin with blank that I picked up from Woodcraft's scrap box. I should have painted the tube but it did not look like it needed before turning.

View in Gallery
View in Gallery

These two pens were made for a customer. The one with the the football player is a Wall Street II Elegant in Titanium and Gold. The blank is from Wood-n-Whimsies. The other pen is a Wall Street Black Chrome and the blank is Bloodwood. The Greek fraternity letters are laser engraved and then filled with 5 minute epoxy which was tinted white with MIXOL white dye.

All of the blanks are setting on a Olive wood slab that I got from Marshall's. It is 1/2 inch or less thick and wood make a beautiful pen if it was 3/4 inch thick. Instead it is relegated to use as a background for my pens.

All of the wood blanks are finished with CA. Also, the first two and the last one were turned on the new mandrel set from PSI. It works great no more bent mandrel shafts and out of round pen barrels. It cost $29.95 and is well worth the money.

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcomed.

Last edited:

OZturner

Excellent Pens, Elwin.
Love the Desert Iron Wood,
IMO it's a Shame you can't put the Wall Street II Acrylic blank, back into the scrap box. It doesn't do much for me, or the Wall Street II.
Love the last two Wall Streets.
Regarding the Olive Wood Slab, though it is thin, how about cutting into sections for Segmenting. It's very pretty, and a Shame just to be a Back Drop.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom