Some new Polymer Clay Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

Been playing with PC. These Sierras are made from raw canes I bought off Ebay, sliced and placed on the tubes, baked as required, then finished with CA.

Cheers

1_Raw_PCs.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Wow, these are really nice designs. I like them all, but the one in the middle really grabs me, for some reason. I have a question, though. Did you have to sand the clay after baking, or does it come out perfectly round and smooth?

All in all, is it easier to make pens this way, rather than turning wood or acrylic? Or just another way to make a unique pen?

Thanks for showing them.

jttheclockman

OH GEEZ another one going over to the other side:). How much work do you need to do to fit the pen kit??? Also they look quite shiny, did you top coat with anything??? Thanks for showing. They do look cool. It is amazing the designs you can get when you know what you are doing. Toni here has proven that.

Dai Sensei

...Did you have to sand the clay after baking, or does it come out perfectly round and smooth?

No need to sand, the rolling action makes them round & smooth, just need to ensure it is rolled to the correct size.

..All in all, is it easier to make pens this way, rather than turning wood or acrylic? Or just another way to make a unique pen?

Slicing the canes to paper thin slices and adding them one at a time is time consuming. Once you get the hang of it I'm sure it would be quicker then turning a pen.

How much work do you need to do to fit the pen kit???

I have my bushes close by, and after laying the slices on, just roll to the correct thickness (allowing for finish). Some I over-rolled, hence the distorted shapes, but that was more just my inexperience. The middle one started as circles and squares :rolleyes:

...they look quite shiny, did you top coat with anything???

Just my standard CA finish

I've still got a long way to go to catch up with Toni :redface:

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom