Some new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

4 new Barons Blackwood, DIW, Buckeye Burl and DIW. Not sure about the 2 tone Ironwood he wanted something like this.
Comments welcome

Attachments

• 1017.jpg
    1017.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 1018.jpg
    1018.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 160
  • 1024b.jpg
    1024b.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3097a.jpg
    IMG_3097a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

Great looking pens. I like the buckeye burl the best. I think the two tone DIW looks pretty good and if that is what the customer wants then it is perfect.

Jamie

Seer

Thanks for all the comments. Some more info on the Buckeye Burl Pen, as I was turning it I started seeing lots of the brass showing and found the black spots were coming apart, so mush for stabilized. Anyways I used Ebony dust and CA to fill them in and the guy who ordered it could not have been happier. The 2 DIW pens had alot of voids that I needed to fill as well and came out nice. The 2 tone DIW is nice and the cream color is totally different from what I normally do and I have alot of the wood from my recent purchase.

bgibb42

Those all look great, but I hate to tell you this: I REALLY like that two-tone ironwood. The sapwood has beautiful color.

Seer

When I was turning it it looked real plain but after the CA finish it is a beautiful cream color with alot of grain in it, thinking about trying a solid piece for the heck of it. I will post the results here.

Seer

:biggrin: Update on the 2 tone DIW my clients eyes just got big as saucers and loved it, so I feel good about it. 10 pens in 7 days for a wonderful week, hope this keeps up. Good sign for my economy anyways

Top Bottom