Some new kits and blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

The pens are form some new kits( for me ) and some new blanks I wanted to try.

The three button clicks are for an order.

Attachments

• New Kits7:12.jpg
    New Kits7:12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Pens 7:12.jpg
    Pens 7:12.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 267
  • churchill:sedona.1a.jpg
    churchill:sedona.1a.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

Looks like a nice group. Do you have any favorites - materials and kits?

Chris,
I like the Roman Harvest kits for the plush look and heft.
The Rhinharts and Vails were new ones for me and they went together easy.

The three cast blanks on the Roman Harvest are from an IAP member that had them for sale a week or so back. I like them. They turned easy.

The blanks on most of the Electras,Vails and RhineHarts are some new ones Ernie at BearToothWoods has. I like the pebbled effects.

My only regret is the black blank on the Electra. I thought it would look better. With the hardware being gold and silver it is a bit weird looking. The Electra took a bit more assembly. I'm not sure if I like the two different platings. It does look pretty nice( I think ) with the Caramel Popcorn blank.

I have some hand surgery coming up in August and figure I best do what I can before that. Heck , I can't make the knuckle much worse than it is already:)

jjjaworski

Nice Pens ! What is the material on the red clicker?
Scott

Blank is called Rage Red from BearToothWoods. It has great color and depth.

Those pens on the bottom..are they polaris??

They are Carbara kits from BearToothWoods( a Berea Woods Product). I think they are also marketed as Atlas and Polaris by different suppliers.

I had some long single pen blanks that I was able to use on them and the Electras.

jjjaworski

When I first turned a pen several years back it was the slimlines as part of a wood turning club venture for servicemen. They never got me very excited.

Now that I got interested in using acrylics and nicer kits it has become a bit obsessive. I am enjoying making them for sure.

I also like the information and general camaraderie that can be found here on the IAP website.

I've made a few nice trades and found reliable vendors I never knew about.

Looks like you had fun.

Top Bottom