some of my work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

My first two cigar pens 1st is ironwood sanded to 2000 finished with shellac and carnauba wax. 2nd spalted sycamore finished with BLO/CA 6 layers. 3rd My first pen and pencil set deer antler finished with CA and carnaube wax Critiques welcome I am still learning (just got my lathe mid Jan,)

Attachments

• P3051160.jpg
    P3051160.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 229
  • P3051162.jpg
    P3051162.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 228
  • set.jpg
    set.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boxerman

Very nice group of pens. Looks like the first pen the top barrel by the center band looks like it is scuff up or didn't get a finish there. Or maybe it just the light.

McBryde

Nice looking piece of sycamore. If I knew this limb dropping tree in my yard would look like that, I'd have already cut the drasted thing down, LOL. Nice job on the pens!

E

SDB777

Guess I'll be the 'different one'....the Ironwood with a 'touch-of-sapwood' is purty nice! I see a huge amount of spalted wood and it all starts to look the same(this isn't your fault, I've just seen some much of it is all)

Nice turningz!

Scott

BSea

Good job on all of them!

Put me with the others that like the sycamore the best. I just love that wood. There is so much going on with the grain. Next for me is the DIW. Another great wood. The only thing I don't like about it that it smells like old dirt when you turn it. But still doesn't smell as bad as antler.

Top Bottom