Some of my recent work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snorton20

Snorton20

Well, I am trying to get my photos right. I turned these about a week ago. Building up inventory for a Christmas craft show at my wife's work. Can't wait. Of course COMMENTS AND CRITICISM WELCOME. Sorry for no detailed descriptions on these pens most are acrylic and one is a type of burl wood. Thanks and God Bless. Joe

Attachments

• 100_8060.jpg
    100_8060.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 247
  • 100_8047.jpg
    100_8047.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_8056.jpg
    100_8056.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_5829.jpg
    100_5829.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 100_8050.jpg
    100_8050.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

Gorgeous pens!!

Can I ask you about the second photo the pen looks black I have never seen a Black Sierra if that is what it is:eek:

Snorton20

Could I get some more comments and criticism on these pens? I am looking for not only how I did with turning but also photo taking and pen kit to blank selection feedback as well. Thanks and God Bless.

OKLAHOMAN

OK you asked, so here goes, turning and finish on the 2 EB's and Wall Street look fine, could be the photo the burl looks under-turned at the nib, but it might be the angle of the shot. The slim lines look good I'm just not a fan of the pinched waist. The background is a little busy with all the bunching of the velvet

Mark

The black chrome Wall St. and Lava blank is actually one of my favorite combo's.
Right up there with a Black Chrome Cigar & Lava... They all look great in fit and finish. Like Roy said, I can't tell if it is the photo or the body is a little big on the burl. I like the velvet, but it does draw my eye off the pens. Nicely Done.....

cnccutter

remember you asked for a critical look :)

i cant speak to the fit of the bars, that is something i need to see in person and get a feel for. as said , the camera can play tricks on what we see... pens need to be felt to truly appreciated.

as for the photos, i dont think they really do your hard work justice. photos are something we all work at and strugle with every time we shoot one of our pens. your are a bit dark. i too dont like the velvit back ground. I for one dont want anyone saying.... wow great back ground color befor they even look closally at my pens. look at the pics people post here. the ones that are great, really stand out. clean, well lit, no glare..... in your the color shifts as you go back down the pen. it becomes darker and we loose the sense of its ture identity.

OK, I'll end on a good note. for the most part i really like what you have going on. good choose in my opinion for blanks and kits. they seem well finished and professional.. keep it up and you'll go places... maybe even start to pay for all the toys you'll buy funding the madness we call pen turning heaven

Erik

Snorton20

Thank you guys, great eye on the burl pen being under turned. I went and looked at that pen and said "crap." I did not even notice because it was the first pen that I did with a CA finish that looked like it was a CA finish LOL and that being said I was proud of getting it right the first time.

As far as the background and photos, I will change that. I also have to get up off of the money and get a better camera. I have done just about everything I could think of with lighting and camera settings that I can, With no surefire way of getting a great photo. I have read the photo thread and still don't know my camera well enough. I have a homemade photo booth with the lighting suggested and still can't get that glare out. Oh well I will have to play around more and see if I can't get it. Like, I said Thanks and God bless.

Willee

Well, I am trying to get my photos right. I turned these about a week ago. Building up inventory for a Christmas craft show at my wife's work. Can't wait. Of course COMMENTS AND CRITICISM WELCOME. Sorry for no detailed descriptions on these pens most are acrylic and one is a type of burl wood. Thanks and God Bless. Joe

Joe, I think you are doing some good pen crafting.
I like the way you have used segments or rings of other materials.
I think your pens will sell out at the show.

Lenny

I have a homemade photo booth with the lighting suggested and still can't get that glare out.

Your not alone there!
I have noticed many of the really good photos here are taken outside, something I have been playing with myself of late.

Wait for noon to help eliminate shadows and give it a try. Much cheaper than a new camera! :)

cnccutter

Joe don't get weighed down with it all... taking good picture is like turning a great pen... it takes practice and a lot of ah shucks!! as far as the camera, don't go out and brake the bank... some the the best photos here are taken with simple point an shoots.

Erik

Top Bottom