Some of my penz...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SnazzyPenz

SnazzyPenz

I'm fairly new to turning and just recently became a member of IAP. I have seen so many great looking pens from the members here, and would like to show off some of the pens I've made.

I've made about 60 pens since last November when I got my first lathe, and I have learned so much in the process. These five are pens that I made earlier, probably between pen #20 and #40.

The two executives are Amethyst silk blank on Rhodium and BOW on Black Titanium. The Slimlines are Osage Orange Wood on Gold components and Maple on Chrome with some grip grooves. The last one I call the Monster Inside, made form a Green and Black Acrylic from Pen State on Gun Metal components. I found it kind of scary that a face showed up in the turning. Didn't see it until we were taking pictures! :eek:

Attachments

• Handmade_Executive_Pen_Purple_Silk.600.jpg
    Handmade_Executive_Pen_Purple_Silk.600.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 221
  • Handmade_Olive_Executive_Black_TN.600.jpg
    Handmade_Olive_Executive_Black_TN.600.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 196
  • Handmade_Osage_Orange_Slimline_Ballpoint_Pen.600.jpg
    Handmade_Osage_Orange_Slimline_Ballpoint_Pen.600.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Slimline_Ballpoint_Pen_-_Maple_with_Grip_Groves_-_Chrome_Plated__2_.600.jpg
    Slimline_Ballpoint_Pen_-_Maple_with_Grip_Groves_-_Chrome_Plated__2_.600.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Handmade_Trimline_Pen_Monster_Inside.600.jpg
    Handmade_Trimline_Pen_Monster_Inside.600.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SnazzyPenz

Thank you...

Thank you all... i have only bee turning a few months, and just getting comfortable with using a skew properly and my CA finish techniques.

I have found that I really enjoy turning pens. First hobby I've looked forward to pretty much every weekend. All I want to do is go out and make pens. Although, I have found that it keeps me up at night... all the possibilities and ideas for the next pen! So many ideas, so little time.

I'm really interested in making my own blanks, the things you can do with resin! Just have to talk the wife into letting me get the stuff to do that with. Also, kitless pens are fascinating to me... i so want to learn more about those too!

I have been a member for less than a week, and have learned so much on this forum. You guys are the best!

Top Bottom