• jr gents.jpg
    jr gents.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 318
  • rm cigar.jpg
    rm cigar.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

You guys down under have some awesome timber to choose from. And welcome from Arkansas!

That's a really nice group of pens. You're new here, but obviously not new to pen turning.

Yes, I had to create a new account. I have not been on the forum for a couple of years now, I have been into pens and woodwork for about 10 years. Just started getting back into it again and really loving it :)

Thanks guys, yes I have a 3 year old daughter, Meika. Having children definitely changes your perspective of life, but it is the most amazing thing!!

As far as sourcing burls/pen blanks etc. its something that took me years to discover contacts etc. who are in the business. there is some real nice stuff out there but its not always easy to get your hands on... as I mentioned in a previous post I actually have been in contact with and old regular supplier to my business, which I am in the early stages of starting again, who has sent me down some real nice stuff, I will be using some of it myself but I will also have some up for sale in the classifieds section over the next couple of days. Mostly burl pen blanks but also small turning blanks. so far I have some very nice red and brown mallee burl and also some coolabah and grey box burl.

cheers
Mark.

Simsonicole

Thanks guys, yes I have a 3 year old daughter, Meika. Having children definitely changes your perspective of life, but it is the most amazing thing!!

As far as sourcing burls/pen blanks etc. its something that took me years to discover contacts etc. who are in the business. there is some real nice stuff out there but its not always easy to get your hands on... as I mentioned in a previous post I actually have been in contact with and old regular supplier to my business, which I am in the early stages of starting again, who has sent me down some real nice stuff, I will be using some of it myself but I will also have some up for sale in the classifieds section over the next couple of days. Mostly burl pen blanks but also small turning blanks. so far I have some very nice red and brown mallee burl and also some coolabah and grey box burl.

cheers
Mark.

I am in Perth WA Mark...let me know when you are ready to sell the burls as they are a favourite.

Here is something you may be able to help with if you have the contacts...My brother is a CO in the Australian Navy. I am making him a Nautical Pen (Pen State). Would you know anyone that has any ex ship timber bits? I have seen some of the American guys with parts of their HMS ships up for grab...but I would love to get hold of something HMAS related.

USNR'03

cheers
Mark.

I am in Perth WA Mark...let me know when you are ready to sell the burls as they are a favourite.

Here is something you may be able to help with if you have the contacts...My brother is a CO in the Australian Navy. I am making him a Nautical Pen (Pen State). Would you know anyone that has any ex ship timber bits? I have seen some of the American guys with parts of their HMS ships up for grab...but I would love to get hold of something HMAS related.

Nicole check with the various historical groups, there may be some ships that have been turned into museums and such.

Top Bottom