Some of my Peach Festival Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

I've been trying to knock out enough pens for the upcoming local peach festival, but it's been slow-going. I did my first euro, but didn't quite get the thickness right, past the tenon. It looks good though. There are a couple of peach wood pens here and my 2nd class pen (at top).
Rob

2007813155543_peachypens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

BTW, does anyone know how to get that black stuff (from the pen wallet's) off? I thought it would be perfect, having a 48 pen wallet, to show off my pens, but the black sticks to lacquer finishes. I've moved to poly, but still need to clean about 4 of my pens off, before I can sell them.
Thanks,
Rob

Gary Max

If you want them to look right---you are going to have to tear them down---sand the finish off and redo them.
I know the price of blanks just went up[:D]

BigRob777

Thanks Guys,
I'm working on the process for the euros, as I keep sanding them down on the edge at the CB. I'll try sanding before I cut the tenon.

James,
I'll be doing more class pens after I finish this show.

Rob

splinter99

Nice job Rob..good luck with your festival. We have an apple festival here every year.On thre Euros..you could always forgo the center band and make your own..

BigRob777

Hi Harold,
Yeah, but I like the CBs on the euros. I never liked the euros before, because they seemed too skinny on the nib barrel, but these have a nice shape. Maybe it was just an optical illusion, in the pictures. It's more work, but the pen kit is a nice one, in my book. My wife loves them too.
Rob

MarkHix

I'm pretty new to this but I have been turning the euro's as practice pens. I turn the tenon for the cb first and I go very slow to get the fit right. After I have the fit right for the tenon, I leave the bushing on the tenon and turn the stepped bushing around backwards to hold it in place. It's helped me.

GBusardo

Hi Rob, nice set! I am guessing the two Sierras on the top are peach? If so, what are the other two blanks on the bottom Sierras? I'm liking them!

BigRob777

Gary,
The bottom two sierras are:
top = Curly Eucalyptus
bottom = Maple Burl

I love that eucalyptus. I've done two pens from it and it turns very nicely, but the best wood I've ever turned, as far as fast and low chip-out was the peach.
Rob

BigRob777

Keith,
Yup, it is. I turned the taper and then I sanded it too low, but it still worked.
I made another yesterday, out of mango and did the same thing with sanding. That's how I figured it out. I'll sand first, next time, then turn the tenon.
Rob

BigRob777

I tried to edit the starting post, but can't. The blue and white pens are "class pens". This is the 2nd one I did. I didn't mean that it was a 2nd-class pen, but my 2nd class-pen.[:I]
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom