Some of my new pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

first is a sn gent with eucalyptus burl. 5 coats thin, 12 coats med. I couldnt be more happy with it!

2nd is a red white blue chrome atrax. I am going to make this my new most common pen i make.

3rd is wild jasper trustone chicago rollerball. This pen is tiny! If you want a purse pen without the purse pen look. then this is what you want. they say u should use a 13/32 drill bit. But i drilled it with a 27/64 and put 3 coats of paint in it. and glued it in. I turned it between centers without bushings. The threads on this pen are excellent. So you dont have to worry about that like on the other craftsupplies apprentice kits. And this is a pen that you practically have to post to write with, because it is so small.

Attachments

• 100_6303.jpg
    100_6303.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 100_6305.jpg
    100_6305.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_6308.jpg
    100_6308.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 100_6310.jpg
    100_6310.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 100_6311.jpg
    100_6311.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_6313.jpg
    100_6313.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Nice work James!! Thanks for sharing!

question... Where did you get the atrax kit? I've been out of turning for a while and getting back into it... I really like that kit!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

DSallee

question... Where did you get the atrax kit? I've been out of turning for a while and getting back into it... I really like that kit!

Dave- I have seen those on Ed's site at Exoticblanks.com

PenPal

James,

All three pens are delightful for different reasons as they cross over from timber to other products for the blanks giving variety and interest. I had to smile at the Euc Burl over here Eucalypts number in the 700 plus varieties and likewise dealers when they dont know say Euc. All of the Euc trees produce incredible blanks at one time or another and yours is neat.

I had a gaze at your ETSY site, you price out modestly, your presentation layout is neat and easy to wander around.

Have success and the best holiday time.

Kind regards Peter.

Roos85

All those pens look very nice, pictures look real good too. I am trying to get my picture taking ability of these so they look nice. Gonna start working on a sales binder and a website soon I think

these pens are very nicely done. The Chicago kit sadly uses a shorter refill but I have a question. Can you make your own cap body? All I've seen are black. The twist version sounds like it uses a standard cross refill. Can you share your experience on these kits

crabcreekind

these pens are very nicely done. The Chicago kit sadly uses a shorter refill but I have a question. Can you make your own cap body? All I've seen are black. The twist version sounds like it uses a standard cross refill. Can you share your experience on these kits

i have not tried to mess with the cap. But i am assuming if you wanted to you could make your own cap, and thread it yourself. I don't like a short rollerball refill, but its not like it is impossible to find.

Robert111

Glad to see a Sr Gent. I have a couple I'm going to try some day. Guess they're just the Gentlemen's but a little bit smaller tubes. Beautiful job with it. You should be happy.

I'm intrigued with the Chicago rollerball. I haven't even noticed it in the CS catalog. I have to say I like it a lot.

crabcreekind

Glad to see a Sr Gent. I have a couple I'm going to try some day. Guess they're just the Gentlemen's but a little bit smaller tubes. Beautiful job with it. You should be happy.

I'm intrigued with the Chicago rollerball. I haven't even noticed it in the CS catalog. I have to say I like it a lot.

They are exactly like a gentlemen's pen kit. I used the gent bushings from johnny cnc and they worked fine.

Top Bottom