Some of my customers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

have been hounding me to turn some "skinny" pens. It seems they don't much care for things like Barons, Jrs, Cigars, 8mm Euros and Sierras. So I threw these together. First is a Black Chrome SL with curly QS White Oak, CA, CA, CA, and CA finish. From now on it gets dipped in lacquer, or I'll just wax it.

200642743058_slimBC_curlyoak.jpg

Next is a Black Enamel SL with Pecan (started out as spalted Pecan, but I scared the spalting away I guess), Mylands 3 Step FP. I used FP on this because I've been carrying a spalted Pecan pen that my youngest son made me for about 7 years now. He only used a Hut stick on it (long since worn off) and it looks great! Moderate sheen and looks and feels like wood. I figure this one will do the same. I love Pecan!

200642743222_slimBE_pecan.jpg

Hopefully these will appease the natives for a bit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

Looks great Billy! I for one PREFER wood to look and feel like wood. Nothing against CA, as it is durable and looks good, BUT....you lose all the wood qualities. I been using mostly shellac (sometimes a few coats of laquer), but I try to maintain a wood feel. Lemon oil helps bring back the shine on worn shellac, or paste wax on the buffer....

JimGo

I don't think they will appease them Billy; if anything, they'll have them crying for more! I like that style a lot; nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom