Some more New ones plu a wine topper.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ashaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

All of the pens I used PSI Euro-Rods they are great.
Statesman.

200610211211_statesman.jpg

Barons

200610211249_baron5.jpg

200610211322_baron6.jpg

Wine Topper

200610211354_winetopper3.jpg

Thanks for looking and as always comments welcome.

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Alan, they look great. I really like the Statesman but I'm partial to the blue. I've never tried the Euro rod but I will have to in the near future. How does it turn? The wine stopper is sharp as well.

ashaw

Tommy
They turn real nice. A little more forgiven than some of the other resins but you still need a sharp tool with light touch. Although I tried one of the blanks with heavy cuts enough to cause blistering. Went back and was able to clean is up with just a light touch from the skew.

Alan

ashaw

Chris
I wish I could tell you. All they have said is Italian Resin. It does smoke alot more then the acrylics when you get it hot. Shavings look like acrylic. For the larger pens you need to be dead center since the largest blank available is 3/4".

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Alan,

I turned "Alpine Ice" Euro rod this weekend-perfect fit pen.

MY rod is transparent between the white flakes. Even though the resin is a light blue, the tubes can EASILY be seen. So, if anyone is going to use this material-either paint tubes (white, silver, light blue, even a darker color blue) or hope your stick is more like Alan's.

BTW, this does NOT mean I don't like it - the pen is nice, but I painted the tubes (white) just in case and I am glad I did.

ashaw

Both Alpine Ice and Tortise Shell are transparent and you need to color the tubes.
Tommy so far I have being very lucky I have been able to pick up 15" rods. The smallest is 14" the largest so far has been 16". I allow 1/4" over the tube for squaring the rods.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The length of the stick is a real case of "your mileage may vary".

The five sticks I got (ordered, did not get to pick out) vary by about 1.5 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom