some more IBO and other stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

I have an order that thanks to Mike I can get shipped, the firs two are a pair of IBO black TI and Rhodium Sierras, next is a Koa and Trustone Turquoise Gold TI Long Click, I like these kits.!! also a Trustone Malachite on a Zen, another pen I'm starting to like, next is a Elegant Beauty in a blank made from PR and some kind of wood, I don't remember (old timers disease)
and a pomelle Bubinga two tone Sierra, and finally an old style black TI seirra done in Zebra and segmented with pick guard
I had fun this week end I made pens
as always critiques and comments welcome.

Attachments

• IBO-Sierras.jpg
    IBO-Sierras.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Long-Click-Koa-and-Turq..jpg
    Long-Click-Koa-and-Turq..jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Zen-Malachite-1.jpg
    Zen-Malachite-1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Zen-Malachite-2.jpg
    Zen-Malachite-2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 130
  • EB-Carib-PR1.jpg
    EB-Carib-PR1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 160
  • EB-Carib-PR-2.jpg
    EB-Carib-PR-2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Pomelle-Bubinga-sierra.jpg
    Pomelle-Bubinga-sierra.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Zebra-pic-guard-sierra.jpg
    Zebra-pic-guard-sierra.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

these were from Sunday I snapped the pics this morning, Now it's dancing with my tools, I need more hours in the day.
The Zen and the Long Click are really getting to be two of my favorites, but you should see the two IBO Sierras up close, I thought the lady was going to order different pens and I only had one piece of IBO Now thanks to Russianwolf I have a stock, of 4 pieces, which I'm going to hold 3 for a while,. It's getting too sporadic to get, One fellow quoted me 25.00 based on what the Chinese wood is selling for, I didn't have the heart to tell jim this ain't from China.

Russianwolf

I'm fairly hooked on the Long Click too now (just ordered more) but I'll be trying the Stretch Fountain as soon as my order arrives (got three pens to make that are pre-sold :biggrin:)

Taking pics of IBO is one of the hardest things I've done. Especially when its nice and black, the black on black grain is so subtle that any light gets in the way. I find the same problem with African Blackwood Burl too.

Rick1708

I do like the zen. I didn't like when I first saw the magazine pictures, but looking at these makes we want to try one. Great pens!

keithkarl2007

these were from Sunday I snapped the pics this morning, Now it's dancing with my tools, I need more hours in the day.
The Zen and the Long Click are really getting to be two of my favorites, but you should see the two IBO Sierras up close, I thought the lady was going to order different pens and I only had one piece of IBO Now thanks to Russianwolf I have a stock, of 4 pieces, which I'm going to hold 3 for a while,. It's getting too sporadic to get, One fellow quoted me 25.00 based on what the Chinese wood is selling for, I didn't have the heart to tell jim this ain't from China.

This price was for the bog yew blanks, bog oak would be between $8-10, sorry for the confusion

bitshird

I do like the zen. I didn't like when I first saw the magazine pictures, but looking at these makes we want to try one. Great pens!

I felt the same way when I saw the first ones, I'm still not overly joyed with the transition between the wood and the nib, for me it's right in the area I like to grip a pen while writing.

JohnU

Great set of pens Ken! Nice variety and great finishes. Havent made a zen yet but its beginning to grow on me everytime I see a nice one posted. May have to try that next. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom