Some more from earlier tonight!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pen-turners

Status
Not open for further replies.

pen-turners

Let me know what you think. This stuff seems to polish alot easier than others I have turned. Maybe because it is a little bit harder......

2005297271_1.jpg

20052972719_2.jpg

20052972737_3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very nice pens Chris. That first one really catches my eye. Does it have chuncks of something in it? Kinda looks redish/orange with stuff inside, like shell. Where did that one come from?

Anthony

WoodChucker

Chris, great job on the 3 pens!

If you guys keep this up I'm going to have to start learning how to cast my own too. Just what I need, another hobby. [:D]

wayneis

Berea has most of these acrylics, I just recieved my order and can't wait to attack a few blanks myself. If you order there starter kit for $22.00 you get 10 blanks, two each of your choise of any in their selection. $2.20 per blank for good acrylics can't be beat, IMHO. I bought two starter kits so I get to try out ten new blanks.

Wayne

pen-turners

All,
Just wanted to clarify that I did not cast these myself. Would like to take credit for these but these are not homemade blanks. I sell these blanks on my website and decided I should make at least one pen out of each color to test the turning properties of each.

Chris

PenWorks

Chris, this was a perfect example of you never know what your going to sell and what the customer wants.[:)]

When I viewed this the first time, I thought, I would buy that 1st one. Who would want the blue one, and the last one was a toss up. [:D]

There were clearly favorites for all three of them [:)] So you really covered the spread with those. You just never know. [;)]

Anthony

pen-turners

Catch 22---------

I have a show this Friday but all the recent pens I have been making have been selling right away so hardly have any new stuff left for the show. Think I'll design a catalog out of pens and offer on an order basis to deliver within a couple of weeks. Did this before for Koa pens and it worked pretty good.

Chris

Gary

Originally posted by pen-turners
<br />Catch 22---------

I have a show this Friday but all the recent pens I have been making have been selling right away so hardly have any new stuff left for the show. Think I'll design a catalog out of pens and offer on an order basis to deliver within a couple of weeks. Did this before for Koa pens and it worked pretty good.

Chris

It sounds like a pretty nice problem to have. Pay my way to Hawaii, and I'll turn some pens for you.[:D]

JimGo

Chris, are you suggesting a printed catalog, or did you mean a portfolio with a bunch of pens in it? If a printed catalog, I'd be curious to see how you present everything, if you don't mind. I'm nowhere near trying to sell my pens; I'll be lucky if I get 5 pens out of the 10 pens worth of blanks I bought in my starter kit! So, no need to worry about competition. I just can't imagine how anyone can showcase the different kit styles and how they would look with the different woods. Happy to discuss it more off-line, if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom