Some Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Actually 11 rollerballs to be exact. Ten of these are for a special order for a customer in ND who is giving them all to some priests where he lives. Eagle did the inlays for me. The customer asked me if I could have a cross engraved on these, so I told him I could do better than that and showed him RonMc's inlay and Eagle's. He bought some of Ron's and some of Eagle's. The ones from Ron's blanks were sent to him a while back and these finish up the order. Sorry about the size of the photo but I wanted a picture with all of them. The pens at either end look a bit odd because I had to use a fairly wide angle to get them all in.

200798201125_SpecialOrder0001.jpg

Forgot to mention, if it isn't obvious, these are BOW and the inlay is Bloodwood and Holly, finished with CA and buffed with 0000 steel wool for a satin finish at the customer's request.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Very, very cool. I'm sure the priests will love them. Priests and pastors tend have one of the hardest jobs you possibly could have, considering all the eyes on them and telling him what he could do better.

Things like this tell them that we care.

Good job, gerry, and congrats on the big order!

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry,
Awesome work by both of you, I need customers like that, congrads on the beautiful work and the order.

PR_Princess

Just beautiful pens, Gerry. Your customer should be thrilled [:D][:D][:D]

It is impressive to see them all lined up like that. Eagle did a great job on the inlays for you too. Even though each inlay is done individually by hand it is very hard to tell it. [:D][:D][:p]

polarbear1

Awesome looking pens I always love looking at the grain pattern on the BOW. I suggest everyone look hard at grain on the BOW as you make each pen. If the grain starts to take on the shape of the face of Jesus or Mary. Stop the lathe, sand the pen, you just won the e-bay lottery. If a cheese sandwich with Mary on it can sell for thousands, imagine what a pen made with wood from the holy land would be worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom