Some first and a limited edition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

First on all of these, but the last is special.

First up is one of Dawn's Bubblegum blanks on a Platinum Panache. Due to a slightly irregular blank (I'm not blaming Ed) the large end is slightly overturned and I mimicked it on the upper end also but not quite as much.

Next is a Van Gogh Nights from Ed on a Black Ti Zen. I really like this material.

Last, well, I want some guesses, but it's on a Rose Gold Elegant Beauty/Aero.

Attachments

• jdj 001.JPG
    jdj 001.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 187
  • jdj 002.JPG
    jdj 002.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 171
  • jdj 003.JPG
    jdj 003.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 197
  • jdj 004.JPG
    jdj 004.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 222
  • jdj 007.jpg
    jdj 007.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 233
  • jdj 00.jpg
    jdj 00.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very cool. Love the Van Gogh zen.

I gotta ask, where did you get mammoth ivory? It's not like there's a herd of them to follow around... The Smithsonian isn't missing a tusk, are they?

Russianwolf

I know Nutzing, Nutzing. :biggrin:

Actually, I got some scraps off ebay before they banned it from the site. there was one piece that was just big enough to get an Aero/EB out of. The rest I've used for segmenting.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
First all the pens are beauties!!!

Second, Mike and everyone else: Dawn's hand-poured resins are cut by me on my bandsaw. It is set to produce three blanks, which, in the best of all worlds will each be a little over .9". But, sometimes the blade wanders (remember the thread on sharp blades--still have not found a good answer).

We WANT our customers to succeed. So, if you are planning on making a penache, please SAY SO on the order in the comments section. We will then grab a larger one to ship to you. (.92"???)

Really guys, we know we have a primitive system. But YOU should not suffer as a result. LET US HELP YOU, by giving us hints what you plan to do. I really do know how to turn, so I can "interpret" your comments and make the blank fit your circumstances!!

No, Mike, this is NOT taking offense. We will ship you a replacement blank, happily. Just wish it had not happened, in the first place.

So, I am taking this opportunity to INFORM everyone. This is education, not advertising, for those who seem to think I advertise too much. I have been educated!!!

Russianwolf

Ed, I ordered the blanks WAY before ordering the Panache, so there was no "plan". I just grabbed one of the biggest blanks I had on hand to give it a shot. It was so close to working, that its nearly unnoticeable except by us who know what we are looking at.

If I had taken a bit more care when doing the roughing, I bet it would have worked, but I had to remove some chipping from the roughing. This one was all on me. Heck, if i'd paid more attention when cutting the blank I would have made the lower end the larger section of the blank, but I "assumed" the cap would be the big end. I shoulda at least looked at the parts first.:rolleyes: you know what they say about assuming.

No need for a new blank. Lillian snatched it up and I'm not point out the "flaw" to her. :biggrin:

Top Bottom