Some Dip Pens....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Practiced a little spindle turning again and made some dip pens. Length ranges from 6" - 10" I think with the pen show coming up, these might sell to the traditionalist. (who knows)
That long spalted Afzalia is a real bute, I tried something on the maple that didn't work and tried to save it, not happy with the shape of that one, & some more of Bill's grade A coco.

2005104155631_DSC01221.jpg

Finished a couple more Sierra's, sold some allready, Frank will be happy that the wood ones went first :D
A coco twist and some of the Woodbin resin

200510415588_DSC01212.jpg

Thanks for looking, as allways, speak your peace [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Very nice Anthony, not crazy about the twist on the siera though. My noext project is to make a couple dip pens, can you tell me a little about how you made them?

PenWorks

Mike, here is a link to my first dip pens I made.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=4861&SearchTerms=dip,pens

This time I used a 7mm tube and a pin chuck on my Beale, Still butted the tail stock because of the length.

Jim, I like the twist better to, funny thing, you can not feel the twist of the pen when writing, because you are just holding the nib and the cap rests on your hand.

PenWorks

Originally posted by btboone
<br />What the heck is Woodbin resin? I like that one.

Here check Martin out in the Business Classified
Nice stuff
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9478

Rifleman1776

From trying, I know turning such long delicate objects can be tricky. All of them look good. The white (maple?) one strikes my fancy the most. I do wonder about the balance of such long pens. And, have I become the conscience of those who turn non-wood materials? [:0]

PenWorks

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br /> And, have I become the conscience of those who turn non-wood materials? [:0]

Sorry Frank, no more plastic jokes [:D] BTW, why do I need a dictionary, when I read some of your posts [:eek:)]
I would bet my life savings (again) you do not own a polymer frame
side arm [}:)]

Ron Mc

I really like the Coco twist. You know I have an antique spinning wheel that needs some spindles. So, If you get board, LOL, let me know how much you will charge per spindle and I'll send you an example of what was originally there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom