See more from chigdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chigdon

tn_Chittam%20Burl.jpg
tn_Rajador%20Burl.jpg
tn_Rosewood%20Burl.jpg
tn_Mai%20Kair%20Burl.jpg

Here are some interesting burls I just wanted to post. The first is Chittam Burl from the Southeastern US. The second is Rajador Burl which is an obscure burl from Mexico. The third is Bolivian Rosewood Burl. The last one is Mai Kair burl from Southeastern Asia.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

They are all beautifull Chris. Well at least I knew one of the woods. [:D]
Is that your logo ? and do you burn it on or have is laser engraved ?

Dario

Great looking pens!

Like Anthony, I only heard about one of these woods! I especially like the coffee in your album.

chigdon

Thanks everyone. Anthony, it is my logo and I get it laser engraved on all of my pens from a local guy with an engraver. As for the woods these are some strange ones I have picked up. The Chittam is the most beautiful burl in the world in my opinion but the picture does not do it justice. I need to take a better picture of it.

angboy

Originally posted by pete00
<br />really nice chris..cant decide which i like best...better send them all to me, it will help me decide...

Sorry Pete, but I think I should get first dibs in this case- since I just found out that Chris will be making a pen for me! [:)] And didn't the pen in the hat guideline says something along the lines of

"if the recipient IAP member is a female member and likes more than one pen made by the other member, since everyone always says it's a woman's perogative to change her mind, the other member shall have to send her at least five different pens, so that there will always be another pen for her to choose to use at any given time"

I thought I'd be nice and tell Chris that these four would give me enough choices, so not to bother with a fifth! [}:)][:D][}:)][:D]

And Chris- these are all beautiful pens!

chigdon

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />BTW, I like the Rajador burl best. Any idea where some might be found?

Unfortunately I don't know where any more is. I got this from Carlton McLendon in Atlanta www.rarewoodsandveneers.com. He may have a couple of pieces of burl left. He does have some of the straight grain without burl though. The pieces with both sapwood and heartwood are even nicer. I will try to post one of those soon.

csb333

Those all look great!! I especially like the Bolivian Rosewood. The logo is great too. Do you ever have any problems with wood thickness in the logo area? - Chris

chigdon

Originally posted by csb333
<br />Those all look great!! I especially like the Bolivian Rosewood. The logo is great too. Do you ever have any problems with wood thickness in the logo area? - Chris

I have only had a problem on one slimline burning to the tube in one small area. I was able to repair it. Basically no problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom