Some closed-end FP's... with a surprise ending!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

redfishsc

Been playing around with this idea and am quite happy with the pens.

I'm NOT so happy with the pics, so I apologize that they aren't too good.

All are fountain pens and are finished in satin conversion varnish (well, not the Larimar pen).

Three of them have an abalone inlay on the end of them. The other is a "gizmo" from Arizona Sihouette. The gizmo's aren't cheap, and they look puny in the hand, but when you inlay them in the end of the pen, MAN are they nice! I really think it sets off the DI.

From left: dyed box-elder burl, blue light-sabre (aka Larimar gemstone), desert ironwood, morado.
fps_w_gizmos.jpg

Here is a better view of their posteriors. The abalone has a LOT more glimmer in reality than it does in this pathetic photo.
gizmo_dots.jpg

Here's a real close up of the gizmo, a halfway decent pic. The brass seems to show sanding marks, but those are reflections. In real life it's as smooth and shiny as polished brass.

di_wgizmo.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Well done

Matt , those are fantastic closed end pens and the inlays make them even better , love the gizmos , I was looking at them and now that I see them I have got to get some .

Bravo !!!

:D:D:D:D:D

redfishsc

You'll have a harder time finding the abalone gizmos-- they don't come from Arizona Sihouette. Let's just say they come from a certain chinese bear.;)

And as a side note, I'm such loser! I tried to rate Curtis' thread a 5-star and accidentally clicked on this thread. Y'all don't mind if I pat myself on the back, even if by accident, do ya?

Last edited:

badger

Nice looking pens! I love the gizmo in the last one, but I think the proportions are a little off maybe? it seems quite long, but maybe that's just when it's sitting next to the others.

How does it feel in the hand?

redfishsc

The last one is a bit long for my taste, but it feels great in the hand. I never know just what my customers are going to like, so I vary it a bit. That would not be a very good "shirt pocket" pen, but then again very few people that pay what I charge for a FP will carry it in their shirt pocket, so far as I've observed.

Top Bottom