Some clear lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

These pens are from the clear lucite swirl from pipemakers. On the first one I painted the tube white, on the second one I painted the inside of the blank purple. There are some bubbles/minor imperfections, but overall I like them a lot!

20064923757_March252006BSmall.jpg

20064923813_april82006ASmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Seems that somebody has been busy and uploading some nice pics. Nice display of artistry.

-Peter-

PS.Forgot to compliment you on the very nice photography. Wow, you gotta give me a few pointers here.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Angela, I really like the purple one! I did something similar when I painted the tube and inside of the blank black when turning a piece of the pipe-maker caramel swirl.

Nice work!

gerryr

Nice work Angela. Here something to consider on your next one with the clear lucite. Paint the tube instead of the blank and use epoxy to glue in the tube. Mix some ultrafine glitter in the epoxy. The blank will sparkle. I think there's one in my album where I did this.

angboy

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Peter- I'm actually getting better pix NOT using the photo light box I bought! (I should play around with it more and try to master it!)

Joe, I'm glad to see that you're back properly remembering who's the boss! [:D][:D] I think I'll forgive this minor misstep, since you corrected it and all (I saw the correction on the what do you do link as well- good job!).

George, the paint is el cheapo from Walmart. They had a bunch of spray paint cans on clearance at mine, the white is called ColorPlace fast dry spray paint, in mauve... (just checking to see if you're paying attention- it's really in plain old white), and the purple is Kilz casual colors satin finish ultra premium with the lilac colored top.

Gerry, thanks for the idea! I need to order more of this clear lucite, I really am liking it a lot and probably only have enough for one pen left. I'm going to try your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom