Some cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TruckDrivingFool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres some cigar pens I did over the last few weeks.

Maple with bloodwood and walnut pinstripes, CA finish

Pinstripe%20Cigar01.jpg

Lacey sheoak, CA finish. I was a little disappointed in these blanks since they didn't have the red to them that the pic on ebay showed but the grain still makes it look good.

Lacey%20Sheoak%20Cigar02.jpg

Tulipwood (love the way this smells when turning), CA finish. This pic doesn't do this one justice since the red is alot more pronounced in real life.

Tulipwood%20Cigar01.jpg

Good, bad, or ugly lemme have it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

I like the first one, but I also like the tulip wood. Nice segmentation on the fist one. I have yet to try the stripes like that, down the length of the pen.

Buzz

All are very nice pens, I particularly like the pinstriping effect. I use a lot of Sheoak, its a local timber here in WA, and while extremely beautiful it varies enormously in colour and does darken very quickly. Once it does start to darken of course, the original contrast provided by the medullary rays is lost very quickly.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

James I haul groceries for a convience store.

Buzz that kind of bums me to hear it will darken and loose as the contrast in graining is what I love so much about using it, but then again it just gives me reason to make another one down the road.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom